I talk with people a lot about their health issues. Wanna guess the top things that most people mention?
- Body aches
- Anxious feelings
Who needs better sleep?!?! If you don’t, then you are a rarity. Many people don’t get enough sleep. And if they are in bed for 7+ hours a night, often they are up and down, tossing and turning. Essentials oils aren’t a magical cure but, when it comes to sleep, they can help tremendously.
Sleep is when our bodies heal, regenerate, and rejuvenate. According to the CDC, adults who sleep less than 7 hours a night are more likely to have chronic health conditions such as depression, diabetes, asthma, cancer, COPD, arthritis, and strokes. Sleep is necessary for our bodies to function properly.
If you’re trying to decide the best essential oil to use for sleep, you’re in luck. You have several options. I suggest starting with lavender. As you purchase more oils, add in a few others. You may find that lavender is all you need. Or it might be that a combination does the trick. We are all wired differently so it may take some play to determine what’s best for you.
The Best Essential Oils for Sleep
- Wild Orange: The essential oil promotes deep rest and helps to calm a racing mind. It is commonly used for nervousness and reducing anxious feelings.
- Marjoram: Often used to reduce body aches, Marjoram has sedative like properties and this makes it beneficial for rest.
- Lavender: Lavender is known for it’s soothing and restful properties. It’s calming and relaxing. It’s a very mild essential oil and a great choice for babies, toddlers, and children.
- Vetiver: Vetiver is an earthy scent. It impacts the nervous system and also has grounding and sedative like properties.
- Juniper Berry: Juniper helps you to unwind and relax. It helps you to go to sleep more quickly and rest more deeply.
- Cedarwood: Cedarwood is another essential oil that impacts the nervous system and has sedative like properties. It is an excellent aid that will help you rest.
- Spikenard: Spikenard is another earthy scent. It was highly prized in Biblical items. It promotes relaxation and is grounding.
- Roman Chamomile: Like lavender, Roman Chamomile is a great option for the littles. It is mild, calming, and relaxing. It’s one of the best essential oils for sleep.
Stay tuned for more. In a few days, I’ll let you know exactly HOW to use essential oils for sleep.