A few days ago, I shared how we are using supplements and natural treatments to assist my daughter in mending a broken leg. We are having great success and I’m confident that she will have a 100% recovery. Still, it’s a slow process and we are learning to be patient.
Of course, we are also using our essential oils. And, of course, they are really helping. Essential oils are incredibly versatile and have some pretty awesome health benefits. Here’s just a little bit about what we are using and how we are using it.
Essential Oils & Broken Bones
- Lemongrass. Lemongrass is good for connective tissue and tendon support. It also helps with the normal aches and pains associated with a broken bone. Lemongrass relaxes the muscles and improves blood circulation.
- Cypress. This essential oil is good for the circulatory system. After knee surgery, the circulation in my daughter’s foot was poor. A little massage with Cypress quickly brought blood flow back.
- Deep Blue. This is a propiratory doTerra blend of wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, ylang ylang, helichrysum, blue tansy, blue chamomile, and osmanthus. Individually, these oil support healing for the bones and ligaments and help with pain and inflammation. It’s a powerful combination.
- Immortelle. This is another doTerra pr0piratory blend. It consists of frankincense, Hawaiian sandalwood, lavender, myrrh, helichrysum, and rose essential oils. If you know essential oils, then you know that these are all individual powerhouses. Mostly, I’m using this blend to help improve the skin and prevent scarring.
- Marjoram. Marjoram helps with pain, sprains, and muscle spasms. It’s a much under-used essential oil but one to keep on hand to support aches and pains.
- Frankincense. Frankincense helps reduce inflammation and also helps to reduce scaring. It is knows as the king of oils and for good reason. When we are dealing with a major issue, we always add in frankincense.
- AromaTouch. This is a doTerra propriatory blend containing cypress, peppermint, marjoram, basil, grapefruit, and lavender. Notice that we are already using a few of these single oils. Because we are using the oils several times a day, sometimes I will opt for using just AromaTouch and frankincense. It’s just a bit easier.
- Correct-X. This is an ointment that contains frankincense, helichrysum, melaleuca, cedarwood, and lavender. It soothes the skin and promotes physical and internal healing. We have been using this on the incisions on my girl’s leg. It keeps the area clean and will help the area heal nicely.
With essential oils, consistency is key. I try to use the oils a few times a day. I don’t use them all. Generally, I’ll pick a few and layer them. So, in the morning, I might use cypress, Deep Blue, and frankincense. Mid-day, I’ll grab AromaTouch and frankincense. At night when her leg is tired from the day’s activities, I use them all.
For ease of use, I have these pre-diluted in 10ml roller bottles. A 10ml roller bottle holds 180 drops so I will use about 20 drops of essential oil and then top with fractionated coconut oil. Diluting essential oils actually makes them even more effective because the essential oil absorbs more readily into the skin. You can read more on diluting essential oils here.
The oils have been a tremendous help. Often, my daughter will ask for them. Her pain is reduced and the scars are healing very nicely. Be sure and talk with your doctor about using alternatives. They really are a great addition to your healing.