Body wraps seem to be all the rage. At first, I was pretty sure that they were a gimmick so I decided to dig in and do a bit of research. I don’t pretend to be an expert by any means but, I’ll tell ya, based on what I read, I was convinced that there was something to the crazy wrap thing.
There are several theories that indicate that rippled skin may be a result of toxic build-up. If this is the case, logically, a good detox would reduce rippling and leave a smoother skin appearance. Grapefruit essential oil is known to be great at helping the body to flush. It also supports a healthy metabolism. And we’ve all heard of the grapefruit diet, right? Many of the commercial and spa body wraps are based on botanicals and contain essential oils so, again, grapefruit is just the logical choice. This all seems so logical, right?
How to make a DIY body wrap.
In a 4 ounce glass bottle or container combine the following:
- 1/2 bottle of Metabolic Blend
- 1/2 bottle of Grapefruit Oil
Fill to the top with your carrier oil of choice. I prefer fractionated coconut oil.
Instructions for wrapping the waist:
- Take a hot shower. This opens your pores making the essential oils more easily absorbed into the skin. Use no body lotion.
- Take measurements. When wrapping your waist, take 3 sets of measurements. Measure your waist right at the belly button and about 2 inches above and 2 inches below. Use a Sharpie to mark your measurements spots if needed.
- Massage the oil mixture oil onto your waist. When massaging, stroke in the direction of your heart. This stimulates the lymphatic system and improves immune function.
- Cover your body with a light fabric such as a thin sheet of muslin or an old tee shirt.*
- Drink at least 2 glasses of water while your wrap is on and at least 8 glasses the following day. This helps to flush out all of the toxins.
- Leave in place at least 45 minutes but as long as overnight.
- Remove wrappings and measure.
- Bask in delight at your smooth, soft skin and be amazed that the inches that you lost.
I experienced a bit of a tingling sensation. It wasn’t unpleasant but I definitely felt, well, tingly. For additional cellulite reduction, check out dry brushing techniques. This is great to incorporate along with your body wraps.
There will be enough body wrap lotion for at least 10 applications. This is roughly $3 per wrap which is significantly less than the $100+ cost at your local spa or even the popular wraps on the market.
So, get to wrapping and let me know your results!
Are you ready to get slim & sassy? Message me and I will tell you the brand of essential oils that I use and love.