There are many brands of essential oils available and sometimes things are just downright confusing. Over the years, I’ve used different brands of essential oils with varying results. When I starting using dōTERRA essential oils, I discovered that they were consistently effective. I did a good bit of research and also some side by side comparisons. Bottom line…dōTERRA oils work.
Many essential oils are adulterated and filled with synthetics. For example, it appears that more melaleuca essential oil is being sold than is being produced. How can this be? Well, it’s because many companies are downright dishonest. If your essential oils are not pure, you will not have consistent results as your body heals. If you don’t think essential oils “work”, it is very likely that you are using a poor quality of oils. When choosing an essential oil company, do some research. Consider the following questions:
- Where were the plants grown? Oil composition can vary depending upon the geographic source. Pure essential oils are gathered from plants that are indigenous to the region.
- How and when were the plants harvested? Plants must be harvested at varying times of the year and even specific times of the day in order to maintain a potent chemical composition.
- What is the distillation process? Distillation times and temperatures can make a difference in oil purity. Temperature and pressure must be closely monitored.
- What type of testing is done? Mass spectrometry and gas chromatography are both standard tests to determine oil purity. Ideally, essential oils will also be tested against an ideal standard.
- Are all batches tested? The mass spectrometry test is fairly expensive, thus, not all oil companies test every batch for purity. Testing of every batch ensures consistency in therapeutic use.
- Are the essential oils safe for consumption? Essential oils can be identified with a supplement label indicating a “GRAS” rating (Generally Recognized as Safe) for internal consumption. Very few essential oils have this rating.
Pure essential oils are clean, crisp and quickly absorbed into the skin. Pure essential oils promote physical, emotional and spiritual well-being within the body. Pure essential oils have been used historically to treat a variety of ailments. Pure essential oils work.
I choose to use dōTERRA for myself and my family. I am convinced that these oils are among the best available today. Once you experience dōTERRA, I think you will agree.